NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Description of Sweepstakes
Educators in the New York Tri-State Area of the U.S. who participate in UNICEF Kid Power in Spring 2019 are eligible to win special WWE prizes. The winners are selected based on the number of Kid Power Up videos watched during the time of the Sweepstakes. Prizes will be delivered by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (“WWE” or “Prize Provider”).
The Sweepstakes is administered by U.S. Fund for UNICEF, doing business as UNICEF USA, with offices located at 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038 (“UNICEF USA”) (sometimes referred to as “Sponsor”).
- The Sweepstakes is open to individual educators who:
- work with kids in grades 2 through 8;
- work with 15 or more kids;
- serve at a school or other educational program within the NY Tri-State Area; and
- are at least 18 years old at the time of entry
An “educator” is defined as an individual who works at or represents a school or educational program (including after and non-school educational programs) serving students in grades 2 through 8.
- The NY Tri-State Area is defined here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12HDdH7874lTHImg0BK3eS51Z9mASo7mc
- THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- Employees, directors, officers, or agents of UNICEF USA or WWE or their respective affiliated entities, and immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, stepchildren, stepparents, and siblings) of the foregoing individuals, and individuals living in the same household of the foregoing individuals are not eligible to enter or win.
4. How to Enter
To enter, educators must
- Register on the UNICEF Kid Power website and provide their personal information (e.g., name and email) as well as information regarding their school or educational program.
- All eligible participants will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes as soon as they have registered and watched at least two (2) of the WWE-partnered videos. To count as “viewed” all videos must be watched in their entirety (from beginning to end).
All UNICEF Kid Power Up videos watched between February 1, 2019 at 12:00am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and March 14, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”) will be considered upon determining winners of the Sweepstakes. Videos watched before February 1, 2019 will not be considered.
A DONATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS ENTERED.
5. Winner Selection
The eligible teams shall be ranked based upon the number of Kid Power Ups (all categories) viewed during the Sweepstakes Period. If there are any ties, the team to be offered a prize will be chosen from the tied teams at random.
- The first-prize winner will be selected on or around March 15, 2019 from the eligible entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
- The entered teams will be ranked by the number of Kid Power Ups (all categories) viewed. The first-place prize will be offered to the team ranked as number one.
- If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him or her, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner as selected by the Sponsor.
- The winning team will have seven (7) business days to confirm acceptance of the prize, along with any relevant forms and permissions.
- If the selected winner cannot be contacted or cannot accept the prize, then the Sponsor will offer the first-place prize to the next ranked team. This will continue until someone accepts the prize, the entrants are exhausted, or the date is past April 10th, 2019.
Second and Third-Place Winners
- Once the first-place prize is accepted by a winner, then the second-place prize will be awarded.
- If no one declined the first-place prize, then the prize will be offered to the next ranked team.
- If a team declined the first-place prize, that team will be offered the second-place prize. If such team cannot be reached again or declines the second-place prize, then the second-place prize will be offered in rank order until someone accepts.
- Once the second-place prize is awarded, the third-place prize will be offered to the next-ranked team and down the ranking list until accepted.
- Once contacted, winners must provide their address and availability of redemption of the prize to the Sponsor within five (5) business days. The Sponsor will deliver the prizes within 30 business days of prize acceptance.
Subject to winner verification, the decisions of the Sponsor are final. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Receipt of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility, including verification of location, and compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Prize will be determined by WWE and will include:
A: First Prize: The one (1) First Prize Winner, will receive a visit from WWE talent (specific talent subject to sole discretion of WWE and the Sponsor). Prize must be fulfilled by Friday, May 31, 2019.
B: Second Prize: The one (1) Second Prize Winner, will receive one (1) WWE Championship Title Belt in total as well as WrestleMania Merchandise for every student in the classroom up to thirty (30) students. ARV of Second Prize: $500.
C: Third Prize: The one (1) Third Prize Winner, will receive a set of WWE Books for the classroom. ARV of Third Prize: $200.
The first-place winner will be required to execute and return a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release. Accepting the first-place prize means agreeing to videography and photography that will be used for promotional purposes. WWE will deliver the prize based on the winner’s availability. Subject to winner verification, the decisions of the Sponsor are final. Award of all prizes is subject to approval by the winner’s school, school district, program or other applicable authorities.
7. Additional Terms and Conditions
a. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL APPLICABLE TAXES, INCLUDING INCOME TAXES.
d. The Sponsor is not responsible for:
1) Telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; and
2) Any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor which may cause the submitting of photos or the awarding of the prize to be disrupted or impractical of being completed.
8. Right to Cancel or Suspend Sweepstakes
a. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if an event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control (including, but not limited to, natural disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any technical failures) impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
b. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. An individual may not enter on behalf of another individual or transfer his or her entry to another person. An individual may be required to show proof of ownership of his or her account used to enter the Sweepstakes.
9. Winner’s List
For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before December 31, 2019 to: UNICEF USA, Attention: UNICEF Kid Power: Road to WrestleMania Sweepstakes, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
10. Liability & Release
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, WWE and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and its advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including computers) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize; or (f) injury or damage based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is a prize provider only in this Sweepstakes; it is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes, and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection of the entries or data associated therewith, or the conduct of the draws. Each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) these Official Rules and all disputes shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in the state of New York, and each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of said courts and waives any objection thereto. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Winner assumes all liability for any Claims caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize by winner, and holds the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from any and all such Claims.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes may be advertised on social media sites/platforms, but this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, such social media sites/platforms (such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook).