Earn with UNICEF Kid Power Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Description of Sweepstakes
UNICEF Kid Power already empowers your students to save lives, by connecting their everyday activity to real-world impact. Now, for a limited time, your class activity can also unlock a $100 Amazon gift card! Just show us examples of how your class interacts with the activities and you will be entered to win.
Learn more about UNICEF Kid Power here.
The Sweepstakes is administered by U.S. Fund for UNICEF, doing business as UNICEF USA, with offices located at 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038 (“UNICEF USA”) (sometimes referred to as “Administrator”).
Any questions, comments or complaints should be directed to UNICEF USA. This sweepstakes is not affiliated with Amazon.com, Inc.
The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia who are physically located and residing therein and who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
Employees of UNICEF USA or its affiliated entities and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, stepchildren, stepparents, and siblings) or individuals living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
4. How to Enter
- An Activity Submission (“Submission”) is:
- Your classroom’s activity results in document, image or video format.
- The best entry, a sampling, or the full class’s work.
- Demonstrative of your class having participated in the activity.
- You can enter your Submission in one of two ways:
- either on the Learn tab within the UNICEF Kid Power Dashboard
- OR by emailing your entry to email@example.com with the subject line “Earn Sweepstakes Submission”. Please make sure to note in the email body (a) the email address associated with your UNICEF Kid Power Dashboard account, and (b)your school or organization.
- All entries must be received between 07:00 AM EST Thursday November 1, 2018 and Tuesday January 1, 2018 04:59 AM EST (“Entry Period”). Entries already received at the time of contest launch will be entered to win.
- You may only be entered once, multiple submissions will not increase your chance of winning.
UNICEF USA reserves the right to determine inappropriate content, such as violence, hate speech, defamation, or pornography, and if any content is deemed by UNICEF USA to be inappropriate, the entry will be rejected and not eligible to participate in the contest.
You are responsible for any media included in your Submission, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
A DONATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE SUBMISSIONS ENTERED.
Five (5) winners will each receive a one-hundred dollar ($100) Amazon Gift Card. Receipt of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility, including verification of age, and compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
6. Winner Selection
The winners will be selected at random on Tuesday January 8th, 2018 from the eligible entries submitted during the Entry Period. Winners will receive the gift card through their account’s email address on or about Thursday January 31st, 2018.
Subject to winner verification, the decisions of the Administrator are final. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. Additional Terms and Conditions
- WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL APPLICABLE TAXES, INCLUDING INCOME TAXES.
- Entrants agree that personal data, including name, may be used by the Administrator to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Administrator by writing to UNICEF USA, Attention: Earn with UNICEF Kid Power, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
- Entry constitutes agreement with all of the foregoing rules and terms, and also constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, likeness, statements, quotes, testimonials, submitted media, school name, grade level, and name of hometown for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting of such information, on UNICEF USA’s websites, except where prohibited by law, without compensation to the winner. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in the entrant’s disqualification.
- Administrator is not responsible for:
- Lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, late, incomplete, or misdirected photo entries;
- Telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; and
- Any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Administrator which may cause the submitting of photos or the awarding of the prize to be disrupted or impractical of being completed.
8. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
- Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if an event beyond Administrator’s reasonable control (including, but not limited to, natural disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any technical failures) impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion.
- Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. An individual may not enter on behalf of another individual or transfer his or her entry to another person. An individual may be required to show proof of ownership of his or her account used to enter the Sweepstakes.
9. Winner’s List
For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before June 30, 2018 to: UNICEF USA, Attention: Earn with UNICEF Kid Power, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
10. Liability & Release
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Administrator and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and its advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including computers) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize; or (f) injury or damage based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) these Official Rules and all disputes shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in the state of New York, and each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of said courts and waives any objection thereto. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Winner assumes all liability for any Claims caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize by winner, and holds the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from any and all such Claims.